Working with multiple active ingredients
Encapsulation turns liquids and other ingredients into dust free powders that are simple to process, easy to dose and cost-effective to use. Matrix encapsulation allows for the enclosure of more than one active ingredient within one particle, giving you increased flexibility and control.
Why choose Matrix Encapsulation:
- Encapsulates more than one active ingredient within one particle
- Enables even distribution throughout a product with typically uniform spheres of between 100 to 250 microns
- Particles designed to resist the most strenuous mixing, including high-shear mixers
- Excellent protection of active ingredients in the end recipe allowing you to use alternative ingredients
- Superior protection from high levels of water content
- Improves the controlled release of active ingredients
- Reduces taint on plant
As with core shell encapsulation, the process can also increase the longevity of ingredients and flavourings or achieve taste masking. It enables you to control the release of the active ingredient by heat, for instance in baking, or by shear, such as chewing gum, and can achieve freeze or thaw stability of sensitive ingredients.